New Live Video & Tour Dates
We love shoulder seasons! Here's an update on what our spring was like, and what the start of summer will entail.
THE UNFORGETTABLE PAST
- Our new album Fairweather is available everywhere - iTunes, Spotify, Google+, CD Baby etc, and through mail-order if you're into physical copies of things.
- We were lucky enough to be a part of one of CBC's "Definitely Not The Opera"s last episodes. They went all out for this one, recording the entire episode live on a bus. Roger Roger was the musical guest of the day, and we even got the chance to tell a personal death-defying bus story. If you'd like to listen to the episode you can find it here.
- Thank to everyone for coming out to our shows, ya big sweeties!
THE UNDENIABLE PRESENT
- We've got a new live video for the song O Rainy Day! It was filmed at Paintbox Recording with Director/Editor Liam Karp, and Audio Wizard Lloyd Peterson, who also co-produced Fairweather.
-Fun fact about Liam, all three of us went to Grant Park High School, him and Lucas spent some years working at the same restaurant, and then Madeleine later studied Stage Combat with him at the University of Winnipeg, where they both got degrees in Theatre & Film.
- O Rainy Day is a daydream about a real-life sailboat called “Regentag”, captained by a noted Austrian painter named Friedensreich Hundertwasser, and the love that he had for an overcast sky. Maybe all of this just a clever ploy to get everyone as obsessed the Hundertwasser as Madeleine is.
THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED FUTURE
We're going on an Eastern Canadian tour with our singer-songwriter pal Logan McKillop! While we're on the "fun fact" train, Madeleine and Logan met while she was working at MEC and he came in looking for a tent. They had such a blast that they kept in touch. Lucas and Logan met in the spectacular circles of the Winnipeg music scene. They had such a blast that they kept in touch. Needless to say, we're pretty excited about this tour.
Here are the tour dates:
May 25 - Times Changed with the band - Winnipeg MB
May 27 – The Cornerstone – Kenora ON
May 29 - Espresso JOYA - Thunder Bay ON
May 30 - Gore St Cafe - Sault Ste Marie ON
June 1 - Homegrown Hamilton - Hamilton ON
June 2 - London Music Club - London ON
June 3 - Oast House Brewery - St. Catherines ON
June 4 - The Red Brick Cafe - Guelph ON
June 5 - The Boathouse - Kitchener ON
June 6 - The Burdock - Toronto ON
June 7 - The Garnet - Peterborough ON
June 8 - The Branch - Kemptville ON
June 9 - The Black Squirrel Bookstore & Café - Ottawa ON
June 10 - Grumpy's - Montreal Q
If you do the Facebook thing, here is a link to the tour event. There are links to all of the individual shows there, if you've got friends or family in the area feel free to send them our way! Or if you've got enemies that hate folk music, singer-songwriters, and storytelling, DEFINITELY send them our way. We'll give them an evening of their nightmares.
You can also head to the "Tour" page of this website, there are links to the shows there as well.
Ababdee-Abadee-That's Aaaaaaall, Folks!
Love, Lucas & Madeleine.